Why Cold Press Juicing Lives Up To The Hype
Why Cold Pressed Juicing Lives Up to the Hype
By Rebekah Carter
Today, juicing is one of the most popular trends in health and fitness. Not only can it help you to burn extra calories and lose weight around your mid-section, but it can also provide you with a host of healthy advantages too! For instance, when you start juicing you may find that you experience greater amounts of energy, and an enhanced immune system, thanks to a greater intake of crucial vitamins and nutrients.
Of course, there are different types of juicing out there, and the juicing method that you choose could have a serious impact on the results that you get. It's a no brainer that homemade juices are always going to be healthier than the sugar-rich options you buy in a store, but did you know that you could experience even more benefits if you opted for cold-pressed juicing instead of a traditional blender? Cold-pressed juicing is becoming more popular than ever, and here we're going to take a look at why this latest trend lives up to its hype.
What Makes Cold-Pressed Juicing So Special?
As you might imagine, a cold-pressed juicer, or masticating juicer makes juice by gradually squeezing the ingredients together to get all of their much-needed goodness out of them in liquid form. Unlike standard juicers that blend and rip the produce apart until it becomes drinkable, cold-pressed juicers extract juice without the use of heat, which has a range of unique advantages. For instance, cold pressed juicing means:
- Juice retains extra nutrients because the vegetables and fruits aren't shredded, exposing the produce to the air and speeding oxidation which can eliminate crucial vitamins
- Cold pressed juicing often means that you get more juice from your produce. Typical centrifugal juicers extract less juice per ounce, which means that a masticating model can save you a great deal of money on produce
- Masticating model juicers retain more pulp, which means that pressed juices have extra protein and fiber when compared to standard juicers
The Advantages of Cold Pressed Juicing
With cold-pressed juicing, you can rest assured that you're getting the best dose of vitamins and minerals in your body every time you take a sip. Nothing gets left behind in the pulp, and all of the goodness is incredibly easy to absorb because your digestive system doesn't have to work through the fiber that's common in smoothies. Additionally, you can make sure that you're getting plenty of organic produce into your system without having to spend a huge amount of money on fancy meals and recipes.
Ideally, if you want to get the most out of cold-pressed juicing, your aim should be to use as many green leafy vegetables as possible. Products like spinach, kale, and dandelion greens, as well as romaine lettuce are all packed full of goodness for our bodies, but we generally don’t' get enough of these ingredients in our day-to-day life. Of course, you can add as many extra ingredients as you like depending on your preferences and flavor choices. For instance, ginger is a great solution, as it comes with numerous health benefits such as reduced inflammation and enhanced digestion. What's more, ginger can even help you to fight off illness!
Why You Should Start Drinking Cold-Pressed Juice
When you start drinking cold-pressed juice, you'll enjoy the following benefits:
- Increased nutrient consumption - cold pressed juices are a great way to get the nutrition fix that your body craves. You get a whole bunch of fruits and vegetables in a single serving, which means instant access to lots of vitamins, enzymes, minerals, and micro-nutrients.
- Increased immunity - a strong immune system relies on a healthy diet, and juicing can give you just that. Load your juices full of fruits, herbs, vegetables and spices and you'll cleanse your system from the inside out.
- Detox - a cold pressed juice is made up of the pure and natural elements of fruits and vegetables that we simply don't get enough of these days. These juices can cleanse your system from within and flush away impurities
- Weight management - cold pressed juices jumpstart your metabolism and help you to maintain a healthy weight. That means you get a slimmer waist without having to commit to constant salads!
Rebekah is a passionate wordsmith and health blogger who spends her time delivering fitness and dieting tips to audiences around the world!